The Martanisha Robinson Arts & Activism Award is Now Available!!
The Safe & Sound Arts and Activism Scholarship begins at Noon on February 28th and ends at Noon CST on April 30th and benefits graduating high school seniors within the Greater Chicagoland Area who demonstrate above-average ability and great interest in one or more of the following 5 areas:
2. Spoken Word
3. Visual Arts
1. Demonstrated ability and great interest in one or more areas
2. Plan to begin classes at an accredited college, university or trade school no later than October 1, 2021
3. Cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher
4. Evidence of enrollment by an accredited two or four-year college or university or trade school no later than September 24th , 2021
5. Written Statement of Financial Need (250 Words or less)
Parents of students applying for a Safe & Sound Arts and Activism Scholarship are encouraged to complete and submit, to the appropriate government offices, their Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Federal Aid Deadline for the 2021 – 2022 academic year is June 30, 2022. Online applications must be submitted by midnight Central Time, June 30, 2021.
FAFSA information may be accessed at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
*Evidence of FAFSA not required for Scholarship Entry or Selection
Applicants may complete and email application packets to email@example.com
The packet must contain:
- Video submissions must not exceed 180 seconds (3 minutes) in length.
- Video submission files must be: no larger than 1 GB in size and in one of the following formats: .mp4, .mov, .wmv, .avi
- Video submissions may be sent via link to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
- Art or Photo submissions must be: no larger than 20 MB and in one of the following formats: .jpg, .png, or .gif
- Essay or Poem submissions must be at least 250 words but must not exceed 500 words in length
- All Entries must be in English
*Application packets must be received no later than April 30th, 2020.
Contest submissions or portions thereof that include or involve the following will be disqualified:
By entering a submission, you assume responsibility for any actions on your part which may result in a claim against the Safe & Sound or any other party related to resources which you use, and you agree to indemnify and hold the Safe & Sound Organization and it's sponsors harmless from any such claim.